How to Fix Your Gross Cuticles
So your nails now look fabulous, thanks to your DIY manicure with our Enova gel polish, but your cuticles? Girl, those need some TLC. If you’re anything like me, you know how difficult perfecting that gnarly skin around your nail bed can be. There isn’t a color in the world that will distract attention away from grown cuticles. So what do you do about it? The very first thing you need to do is put away your wallet. Despite what you may believe, a professional manicure is not always the answer. Try these helpful tips first!cc
- If your cuticles are thirsty and a little disheveled, maintaining them and correcting them literally takes sixty seconds (if even that.) All you have to do is apply a drop of cuticle oil to your nail bed, rub it in, and then push your cuticles back with an orange stick or cuticle pusher.
- If your cuticles really need help, soak your hands in water for 10 minutes, apply cuticle oil and then push back with the orange stick or cuticle pusher. For better results, do this after taking a shower. Your cuticles are super soft then and are easier to scoot back.
- If your cuticles are in really rough shape, do all of the above AND sleep with vaseline on your cuticles at night.
Don’t have any cuticle oil? Don’t sweat it. While so many cuticle oils on the market contain nourishing and hydrating oils seamlessly designed to bring that skin back to life, simple coconut oil will also do the trick- marvelously. The trick is, if it isn’t completely obvious by now, is to keep your nails ( and hands in general) hydrated. To maintain beautiful cuticles, here are a few tips:
- Moisturize constantly. I typically keep a small jar of coconut oil and hand lotion in my purse at all times.
- Stay hydrated
- Take multivitamins daily. If your body is deficient in the nutrients it needs, your hair, nails, and skin all suffer. In addition to making sure the outside is moisturized, make sure the inside is well nourished.